The main objectives of using Math Lab are:
- The laboratory provides opportunity to exhibit the relatedness of mathematical concepts with everyday life.
- The fear for study of mathematics be subdued..
- Making teaching and learning of the subject interactive, participatory, fun filling and joyful from primary stage of schooling.
- It enables the teachers to demonstrate, explain and reinforce abstract mathematical ideas by using concrete objects, models, charts, graphs, pictures, posters, etc.
- Strengthening the learning of mathematical concepts through concrete materials and hands-on-experiences.
- The learning of Mathematics could be linked with other subjects to develop interdisciplinary thinking.